Monday, August 07, 2006

The Kid before Kids


This is who I was talking about. The kid before kids. She is known by the names, Pepper, Pep, Peppina and Fluff. She was well and truly the baby of the family but as you can imagine, things took a turn for the worse for the furry, four legged babe. She was relegated to 2nd priority when Ewan arrived and then 3rd priority after Alicia. Out went the hour long brushings, the cuddles with mum on the lounge whilst watching tv and to a lesser extent the outings in the car.
She certainly wasn't used to all the fuss over someone else. I'm sorry to say but a few too many times, she was kicked whilst we walked. We simply couldn't see where she was when there was a bundle in your arms. Funnily enough that never happened when Alicia was a baby.
Why am I doing a posting on Pep..... I feel guilty and need to share my thoughts and for some reason Pepper isn't willing to listen.
I'm pleased to say that the brushings and the cuddles with mum are increasing, and she does appreciate them. She did teach me a few things before the human babies arrived and I'm glad that she ended up with a family that adores her. She is a beautiful dog and I feel sad for all those little kids that don't have pets. Hopefully my two will grow up with a love of dogs and a respect aswell.

1 comment:

Morgan said...

hello pepper darlin

your lookin good!

we still love you even if we do step on you every once and a while.