Monday, August 14, 2006

Customer Service gone screwy


What is it with the customer service in Australia. I thought we were up there in terms of quality. However I am proven wrong again.
We bought a heater, 4 weeks ago. Bearing in mind we should have had this heater within 10 days. Sounds wrong already, doesn't it. Well I had to phone this company 4 times to organise the heater and when and where it would be delivered. Excuse after excuse was thrown to me and by the end of the 4th conversation Brad decided enough was enough and we would ask for our deposit back. I asked for the managers number, where I was promptly told they were in Melbourne twice!! Yes, Melbourne is still in Australia. If I was dealing with Switzerland then maybe I would have a slight issue, I would prefer not to speak with someone at 3am my time. I also asked for the managers name, I received the first name but had to insist on the last name, which he didn't know. Scary, scary.
I spoke with her and she was all apologetic and promptly said I would receive my money back. In all seriousness I would have preferred the heater on day 10 but as it turns out I will end up having a beautiful feature in the fireplace instead of a fire.

3 comments:

Morgan said...

oh the joys of life

Anonymous said...

who's needs a heater anyway. You have coped alright with the air conditioner that you have got already.sm

Anonymous said...

sounds like a right nightmare, and i thaught things were bad enugh here, with "far east" call centres lol