Monday, November 20, 2006

Vaccinations - the necessary evil


I am lucky enough to have a 4 year old, due for vaccinations and an 18 mth old, due as well. Seriously, someone must hate me.

Well we ventured out today to have these dreaded vaccines. I didn't tell Ewan (of course) and Alicia still has no idea anyway. I was armed with chocolates and as it turns out, so was the nurse. So we waited and waited which increased my anxiety until finally it was our turn. Well Ewan obviously remembers the last time we went into that room because he straight away was saying, "Alicia first, do Alicia first". So I was busy distracting him and discussing the pictures on the wall. He had an injection in each arm and by the second one he knew exactly what was going to happen. He did extremely well and so did she. She wasn't happy during and straight after but by the time we left the room both were silent and content just to be going.

I on the other hand didn't realise until after but I was a bundle of nerves. My hands were shaking and I was feeling like a really nasty mum. But we have to do these things and if you looked at both of them now, it is like nothing even happened. I suppose a trip through the toy section of the shopping centre helps heaps.

Thank god the next one I have to witness is Alicia's at 4 years. Maybe I will bribe their dad for that one.

1 comment:

Morgan said...

They both looked good the other night.