Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Ewan and his Swimming

We have been swimming again today. The 3rd time in 5 days. We had a few make up lessons and I have never been so proud of Ewan. As some of you will be aware, Ewan has had 'issues' with swimming for at least a month or more. Issues, meaning that he doesn't want to put his head under water, he gets extremely scared and apprehensive. I have been thinking whether it was worth it, because he continually gets upset and I think not making any progress at all. Well, today he proved me wrong. He had a great lesson and he has progressed in leaps and bounds. I am hoping that this isn't a fluke. Not only did he swim unaided (I was so proud I could have cried) but he also jumped off the step, which he hasn't wanted to do for ages. Hence he was rewarded with 2 certificates. I gushed and gushed about how good this was and said that I thought his dad would be really happy. I think I even saw a glimmer of pride in Ewans eyes. So the perserverence has paid off, for this week anyway.

Alicia also did very well, for her first class as a Waterbabies Advanced. She was swimming by herself with floaties on. She thought this was funny and continues to laugh, splash, and jump.

I AM VERY PROUD OF BOTH THE KIDLYWINKS

1 comment:

Morgan said...

Way to go Ewan!

Yah for Alicia