Friday, April 18, 2008

Ewan at the Beach House


I took a day off work this week because I decided I needed to have a one on one day with Ewan. Very rarely do we get this type of event, so I thought of something really cool. I explained to Ewan that we would be going to the Beach House for some games and he was all for it of course. The Beach House is similar to Time Zone (if you remember this) Basically, a massive complex where you have arcade games, ticket games, playgrounds, dodgem cars, merry go rounds, Ferris wheels etc. To my knowledge, Ewan has never been to anything like this. He thought it was cool and from the moment we stepped into the place, he was asking for money. I had to explain we needed credits and I had to buy these. So we eventually decided what games and what activities. So he went on the train, dodgem cars, playground, merry go round and played on the arcade games. I might add that this was an expensive outing which really only lasted almost 2 hours. There was mini golf, slides and bummer boats also to go on but I thought we should save this for another day. Ewan was not too impressed. Especially when we left and he saw the bummer boats. Why is it that kids are never happy with what they do or what they get. I politely explained all that had occurred for the last 2 hours and when that almost kicked in, offered McDonalds as well. What can I say, I turned into Brad for a couple of seconds. He may think he is master of the domain, but in the end he knows how to play the game, for all sanity.
Ewan didn't rave about the day to Brad when he got home which I was a little disappointed about but the next day, when I was sitting with him on the lounge, he said, "The games yesterday were really cool." So in the end, I think he did appreciate it.

No comments: