Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Easter was not the best

Brad and I had the worst Easter ever. 3 people decided to try and steal the car, and stupidly we decided to confront them which meant that Brad was set upon by 3 people and kicked and punched without mercy. Considering this all happened at 1 o'clock Easter Sunday morning, you would assume that they were in the wrong and should have not been on our property. Thankfully, me screaming like a wild women may have stunned them enough for Brad to break free and then for them to leave, albeit not quietly.
It isn't something that I want to experience again EVER. My fear for Brad was too overwhelming because after speaking with the police on the phone, I fainted and hit my head on the concrete. It wasn't Brad that left in the ambulance it was me. (I feel like one of those husbands, that faints whilst his wife is delivering a baby)
Its lucky we can find the humorous side, because if we couldn't, I wouldn't be able to cope with the thought that Brad could've died whilst defending his property and his family on Easter morning.
Believe it or not, the kids didn't wake up at all. There were 2 policemen, 2 ambulance people, Dee, Jim, Brad and myself in the house and the front screen door slammed shut numerous times, but still there was no peak from them. They didn't even ask about Brad's black eye the next morning.
I do feel violated, angry, and annoyed. What gives someone the thought, that they have the right to take what is not theirs. Whether for a prank, dare or opportunity. I feel sorry for those that live life assuming someone owes them something. They will live and die very empty people inside and nothing will ever quench that thirst. I do believe in what goes around comes around, so going by that mantra, the 3 guys will have something to look forward to, and not in a pleasant way.

No comments: