Monday, August 20, 2007

The Heater broke

I'm not sure if I told you but we got ducted gas heating installed about a month ago. It works really well and we love it. The other day, it broke. Well not exactly broke but didn't work, it came up with an error message. I did comb through the manual and finally worked out the touch pad wasn't recognising the unit. This was my conclusion. I phoned the Vulcan service area and they would send someone out, therefore we didn't have heating for almost 6 days. Why couldn't I just explain my situation over the phone and then they could determine the issue and I could fix it. But NO, this sounds too logical for me.
I waited all day pretty much today for the service repair guy. Who basically turned off the gas heating switch out the back and then turned it back on. Viola, the unit worked. He was here less than 5 min. Boy, was I a little annoyed. I'm glad I didn't take the day off, it would have been a complete waste. Luckily if it happens again, I know what to do about it.

No comments: