Sunday, August 19, 2007

Alicia is toilet trained

We are proud, have more money, its easier (sometimes) and Alicia doesn't understand what the fuss is all about. We have had a couple of accidents, like the time Alicia was excited she did a No.2 in the potty, so decided to show me. As I was walking to the bathroom, she came out of the bathroom carrying the potty and tripped, yes, you can imagine the carnage with the poop. But on the whole, it has been relatively painless. She did decide to start training just before we went to Darwin, which meant that we visited the toilet on the plane, many, many times. I thought I would try to be smart and still put a nappy on her, whilst on the plane, but she wouldn't go in the nappy. I did learn to put on a nappy whilst she was standing. Have you ever changed a nappy in the plane toilet. I don't recommend it.
So we are almost on the verge of not having a nappy bag. This will be an unusual event for me. I haven't not had a nappy bag for almost 5 years. So I suppose this means the kids are growing up. Its funny to define their age based on a bag, but Alicia taught me today that she still needs nappy wipes. They work wonders for chocolatie fingers.

3 comments:

Morgan said...

funny I am still learning to remember to take mine along

Unknown said...

now I have the "trip while carrying the potty" image seared into my brain.

ouch.

Good thing you have those nice wood floors now!

Cheers!

Tan said...

it was not a pleasant experience by any means, but nothing beats the time Ewan came into the house carrying Peppers poop