Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Missed out again.

I'm not sure what it is but I went for the team leader role about a month ago. I finally found out today, that I didn't get it. Someone who shall be nameless got it. Now I don't really really know about this person but what I've heard and what I've seen, really makes me question, WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON!!!!! How in the world did they get it. Now I may be blowing my own horn but I sincerely believed that that job was mine. I have the experience, creativity, people power but what I don't have and will never posses is the brown nosing capability. Or to be the yes woman. Don't get me wrong, I can certainly try and understand the other persons point of view but at the end of the day, you need to hold your head up high and believe everything that you are telling your staff. You can't sugar coat it and make believe all is well. You need to deal with the issues and move on. That means everyone having the ability to say what you mean and mean what you say.
This will not be happening in the future at my present work situation. Therefore my role (I think) has just gone from being bearable to unbearable. There is no way that I will be able to take criticism or guidance from them. Especially when they are asking for my opinion. Help me please, if you have a really cool, inspiring job that requires a motivated, autonomous but creative individual. Call me 1800 non brown noser.

1 comment:

Morgan said...

That is really Sh*ty!

I am sorry i really thought that job was yours to!

We should go out soon and bitch about it