Thursday, September 11, 2008

Ewans 6th Birthday Invitations



Its getting to that time of year AGAIN, and as usual we have to decide on a theme. What to do, but make it easy, nothing too extravagant. Ummmm, I know exactly - Superhero's
Yes, I know we have used Spiderman but this incorporates Batman & Superman aswell as Spiderman. The girls should not be forgotten because we could have Wonderwoman and Violet and Elastagirl (The Incredibles). Wahoo, we have a theme, now for the cake and invites.
Google is our friend. The cake decoration was very easy to find. Dee can make that, no worries. She has become our resident bakery expert. Share the jobs around I say. Sole Traderships are over rated. She was happy with the design and didn't do that (OMG) face. This is a plus.
Unfortunately for me, I have a thought in my head as to what the invites will look like. Yes, they are made from scratch, yes they involve Ewans face or features, yes it has to be a big production. Why else would you do it? Finding the building picture was the hardest thing and I still haven't mastered the concept of the invitations fitting into a standard size envelope. This would take the fun out of it. I also need to find a way of cutting out more than one picture at a time, because when you add it all up, it becomes a lot of cutting. 20 invites, 3 characters per invite, 3 Ewan photos per invite. See what I mean. Anyway, they turned out exactly how I pictured them, so I am very pleased with them.
Next, my thoughts will turn to the lolly bags, decorations and games. I'm hoping to include a pinata, but Brad is not keen on the idea. Party pooper.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hoped the photos were helpful...SM

Anonymous said...

I meant the stickers Loser SM

Morgan said...

I want an invite your invites are the best!