Monday, October 01, 2007

Grandpa passed away

Grandpa passed away on Sunday morning as we all know he was 90. Even so, it was unexpected. He was in hospital but due to come out on Monday, I was going to see him then. It would be a little easier with the kids to visit him at his retirement village, and he would be more comfortable. Unfortunately that didn't happen. Its funny when someone dies because your mind strays to memories that you hadn't thought about in years. I remember grandpa at Glengyle
Av, he used to have a workshop under the house. I used to be really excited when we rocked up at their house when I was little and grandpa was twiddling away in the workshop. It was a really cool place even if you were under strict instruction, not to touch anything. I also remember the Christmas that grandma and grandpa gave me the play doh set, I couldn't have been anymore than 10. When grandma and grandpa moved to the unit, we hardly ever saw grandpa when we visited, he was always outside playing around with the plants, he used to come in for his lunch, a sandwich with a pot of tea. He was really methodical about lunch. All these memories will live on, even though grandpa is no longer with us. They are etched there as much as my kids will remember what their grandparents do and say.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Our sincere condolences on your loss, Tan. May your memories of him last as long and vibrant as he did.

W, KC, M & A

Morgan said...

I am so sorry for your loss.
Your in our thoughts