Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Ewans 5th Birthday party


Ewan ended up having 2 birthday parties, 1 for the family, 1 for friends. He was happy with this of course, especially having 2 cakes to blow the candles out.
The party at McDonalds was better than I thought it was going to be. Mind you, my expectations were not very high to begin with. The hostess was really attentive and was always in the right spot at the right time. We played a couple of games, pass the parcel and stick the nose on Ronald. Stick the nose on Ronald was a tremendous hit, the kids were laughing their heads off. The further away they stuck the noses the funnier it was. I would have to say, that game was a real hit. I'm glad about this because I made it. Not that it was time consuming but fiddly.

Another one bites the dust. Do you know, this is the first year that I haven't literally thought about the birth of Ewan. I usually relive it in my head and remember the good and bad times of labour. Maybe its becoming a distant memory or maybe its become more about Ewan than me. Thats fine, at the end of the day if we can look back and see all that he has achieved in the past year, this has to be a cause for celebration.

No comments: