Tuesday, September 12, 2006

I have lost my brain


You may argue that I had lost my brain years and years ago however I think it started the day I became pregnant with Ewan. You seem to loose all capacity to remember things. As stated before I once tried to make Tuna Mornay without the tuna. Seriously there is something going on, when that sort of thing occurs.
I happened to read a book, which I related to on a number of levels, 'I don't know how she does it' by Allison Pearson. Basically its about a mother, who is also a jetsetting fund manager and goes through her day to day activities. At one point the character states that she can't remember things because she has all this other fluffy stuff in her head. Like what.... you may ask. Kids shoe sizes. Yes this is an important aspect of everyday living and takes up a little space in your head. The unfortunate thing about kids shoe sizes is that it is continually changing, so you just keep adding information to the poor, already overloaded brain.
There is research to suggest that you become smarter in pregnancy, god knows who the subjects were in that trial, obviously they all faked their pregancies because every single mother that I have spoken to, will be testament that they no longer have the same capacity as they did BC (before kids)
I want to know how to get mine back, because it is sorely missed and the next time, I would treat it really good. Please come back, I promise not to neglect you.

2 comments:

Morgan said...

Your brain is sooooo gone!

I put a letter in the fridge today if that makes you feel better.

Hey you want to have pizza friday night?

Tan said...

Definitely makes me feel much better but i don't have an excuse like you