Saturday, September 16, 2006

Are you ready yet?

You know when I was single, and I had to go somewhere, I was always on time. If fact I was early more often than not.
Then I met Brad and from then on, if we had to go somewhere, we were late more than 50% of the time.
Now I have children and Brad there is absolutely no way that I will be early or on time. Without a doubt I will be late. Not a little late or fashionably late, but 1/2 hour to 1hr late. Do I appear happy about this. Considering that I am whinging about it on a blog gives you the impression that I am NOT.
I would love to go back to the old days when everything was simple to go out. You only had to worry about what you looked like and then arrive on time.
It doesn't seem to matter where we have to go and how much extra time I give myself, we never arrive on time and I also have the added bonus of making sure that both Ewan and Alicia have everything they need. So my 'getting ready' has extended to 2 extra. Brad on the other hand has massive issues getting himself and only himself ready. Why is this? I remember once, when Ewan was only a baby baby and we were going to my mums. Brad hadn't done anything to get the nappy bag ready and then he had the gale to ask if I had packed Ewans bottle. Well. You can imagine my reaction. You know, he still does that to this day. You would think he would have learnt from the unpleasant experience 3 years ago but no.
So I ask you, how does everyone else do this, or is it something that you must just live with now? I'm thinking the latter but I can also hope.

No comments: