Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Ewan in hospital

This wasn't the most pleasant thing to experience. Ewan went in for a sub-mucous dipthermy which is not a very full on procedure but recovery from surgery is. We were at the hospital for 7am and the surgery was scheduled for about 8am but unfortunately the back up generated wasn't working and they won't operate without it. So after waiting for ETSA to fix it, Ewan didn't go into surgery until almost 1pm. He didn't come out of recovery very well. Actually he was hysterical, crying and moaning etc. I couldn't even calm him down that well and the nurses just left me to my own devices but unfortunately we know my history with fainting and that is where I was headed. Finally some nurses showed up and Ewan had calmed down a little. I called Brad and he was on his way in. Once Ewan slept for a little bit and the packing came out of his nose, he felt much more comfortable and recovered quite well. Typical. He caused me grief and he recovered much better than I did. Its all over now and we go back for a check up in a couple of weeks. I'm not convinced it worked but the doctor will let us know.

1 comment:

Morgan said...

update us!!!!!!!!!!!