Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Ewan starts school

Ewan started school yesterday and seemed to have a good day. It was absolute mayhem in the morning with mums, dads, grandparents in the classroom. You name it, I think they were there. Too, too many people I thought. We found our name tag, we found our locker and we found where we were sitting, so in my mind we had already succeeded. On the desk was a piece of paper with THIS IS MY FAMILY written on it. Ewan started to draw our family and I named who the people were. The bell rang and it was time to leave. I wanted to make sure that he knew where his lunch and hat were, so I started to explain in a rushed voice. Ewan pipes in and says, "Mum, I'm drawing." I took this to mean, can you please shut up and let me concentrate. He finally finished and I also finished my hurried talk.
Ewan was fine, he didn't want to talk too much but just enough. I got a snap shot of his day and he settled down to his new DVD. Life has changed and school life has started, we have entered another chapter.

No comments: