Thursday, December 06, 2007

Advent calendars


Advent calendars never occurred for me as a child, (did they have them in those days) and they haven't occurred in our house until this year.
I decided it was time I needed to teach my kids another thing, like countdown to Christmas. Why?????? I don't know. So I bought these advent calendars ages ago. Both of the kids picked their own and there the calendars sat awaiting December. Unfortunately December arrived and a few days in.....I remembered I had the calendars, so the kids had to make up for a couple of days. Yesterday I explained to Ewan and then Alicia what the whole concept was about and why and when etc. It didn't help that they had to eat 5 chocolates all on one day because I can just imagine what will happen tonight. Anyway....

The concept is explained and probably the care factor for the kids is really not there but its a fun thing to do and at least they are guaranteed one chocolate a day until Christmas. You have to be happy with that.

No comments: