Monday, February 19, 2007

Dad is 65


Dad turns 65 today and he officially retired last Friday. At the moment he still feels like he is on leave but I'm assuming it will hit him in a couple of months.

I'm not sure what it would feel like. He is from the generation that you just work and work and are pleased to be working. So to go from everything to nothing will be a life change. What we do need to get, is a hobby for him because he is going to be bored and drive my mum nuts. So if you have any suggestions please feel free to submit these.

We are going there for coffee and cake tonight and I can't wait for him to open his presents. He's gonna think they are cool.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Congrats to your Poppa!

When my dad retired he drove my mom completely nuts.

My 2 cents worth would be to encourage him to find a project or hobby that will get him out of the house occasionally.

If they ever want to visit the states, let us know!

Cheers, W

Morgan said...

He is going to drive your mother crazy!